posted Dec 22, 2009, 9:11 AM by Tampa IMA
updated Aug 28, 2015, 8:05 AM
If you have not attended a chapter event or it has been a long time, this is the event to attend.
It is a combined Florida Council and Tampa Bay chapter event.
IMA Florida Council Fall Meeting & CPE Event
September 25th - 26th, 2015, in Tampa FL
8 CPE on Friday Sept. 25th includes:
- The Alligator Business Solution – Building a Solid Foundation to Make Better Business Decisions and Gain a Competitive Advantage. Roy Austin, Rockwell Business Solutions.
- Resource Consumption Accounting (RCA) was conceived around the year 2000 primarily as an amalgamation of German Grenzplankostenrechnung (GPK) and U.S. Activity-Based Costing (ABC) practices. Larry White, RCA Institute.
- What every accountant MUST know about occupational fraud (and what cost effective action can be taken). Robert Marley, University of Tampa.
- Ethics for Accountants. Daniel Verreault, University of Tampa.
- An Allocation to Pricing Appetizer: allocation methods from Cost Accounting concepts are compared to allocation methods actually used in developing indirect rates for government contracting. A forward pricing model is then developed using those indirect rates to determine government billing rates. Maureen Butler, University of Tampa.
All this value at a affordable below market price! (see Early Bird pricing at http://imafloridatampa2015.eventbrite.com).
Special Guest on Friday at end of day: Mike Deeson, Emmy Award winner, Green Eyeshade Award winner, and investigative reporter for WTSP in Tampa.
For information on presenters and registration: http://flcouncil.org/Tampa-Fall-2015.php.
Location: Doubletree – Airport, 4500 W. Cypress St., Tampa, FL. 33607
Hotel Room reservations (URL is TBD): call 813-879-4800. The last day for the $119 reservations under the block code is Friday, September 11th.